What advanced features LAUNCH X431 V+ HD3 module has that HD-II module has no?
Good to know
HD-II module: compatible with X431 V+, X431 PRO3, X431 PADII etc, only available for Commercial Vehicles.
LAUNCH HD-III module : compatible with X431 V+, pad3, pro3 etc, only available for X-431 V+ of Commercial Vehicle Version.
Please buy HD-III module instead of HD-II module, because HD-II module is already stop to produce.
There are main 3 differences between X431 V+ HD-III module & HD-II module
HD-III module: in Blue color
HD-II module: in Red color
launch x431 HD III Scan Tool outlook
As the 3rd generation of heavy-duty module,Launch x431 HD iii scan tool works as a vehicle communication interface device, which is used to read the vehicle data and then send it to the X-431 V+ via wireless BT/WLAN communication. The LED indicators enable you to easily identify the working status of the module.
1 DC-IN power jack: For connecting the power adaptor.
2 Diagnostic socket: For connecting the diagnostic cable.
LED indicators: It is defined as follows:
* Vehicle: While communicating with the vehicle, the indicator lights up and flashes. Otherwise, it will not illuminate.
* Power: It illuminates solid red when the module is powered on.
* BT: Blue indicates the module is working in wireless BT mode.
* I/O: It lights up when the module is connected to the diagnostic tool via data cable (Currently disabled and only reserved for subsequent function extension).
* Wireless: It lights up when the module works as a wireless hotspot or network adaptor.
Data I/O port: Currently disabled and only reserved for subsequent function extension.
HD-II Module outlook
As the 2nd generation of heavy-duty module, it mainly functions as a VCI device for accessing vehicle data.
LED indicators: It is defined as follows(from left to right):
* Power Indicator: It lights up when it is powered on.
* Communication LED of Tablet: It illuminates when the module is communicating with the tablet.
* Communication LED of Vehicle: It lights up once the module is connected to a vehicle’s DLC.
* Communication LED of PC
* Data I/O LED
Data I/O port
Communication Port of PC
Diagnostic Socket: To connect the included diagnostic cable.
DC-IN power jack: To connect the power adaptor.
HD-III module: send the vehicle data to the diagnostic tool via wireless Bluetooth or Wlan
HD-II module: send the vehicle data to the diagnostic tool via wireless Bluetooth.
* Frequency range: 2412-2472MHz
* Transmit power: 19.29dBm
Wireless BT module:
* Frequency range: 2402-2480MHz
* Transmit power: 16.62dBm
Launch X431 HD3 Supported heavy duty vehicle list: