How to use JPRO Diagnostics software to perform a battery voltage test on Bendix EC-60 and EC-80 braking systems?
Before you begin, make sure you have the following items:
Once you have these preparations, you can follow the steps below to perform the battery voltage test:
1. Launch the JPRO Diagnostics software and navigate to the test selection menu.
2. Locate and select the Battery Voltage Test option, then press Enter or the Start button.
3. The test dialog will appear on the screen, providing you with instructions and options for the test.
4. To begin the test, select the Start button. This will activate multiple braking system valves simultaneously, putting a load on the electrical system.
5. As the test runs, you will see vertical lines appearing on the graph, indicating the start and end points of the test. Pay attention to the graphed battery voltage, as it will show you the health of the battery under loaded conditions.
Note: Before running the test, ensure that the parking brake is set. The simultaneous actuation of the braking system valves can cause the vehicle to roll freely during the test.
6. If you need to stop the test at any time, simply select the Stop button. The test will automatically stop after a few seconds.
7. Once you have completed the test, press the Exit button to return to the test selection menu.
By following these steps, you can easily use JPRO Diagnostics software to perform a battery voltage test on Bendix EC-60 and EC-80 braking systems. This test is crucial for checking the battery’s health and ensuring optimal performance of the braking system.